We are very fortunate at Whittlefield Primary School to have a newly formed PTFA, which is becoming an integral part of the school.
We are a friendly group of parents, who along with some of the teachers from the school, get together once a month to organise fund raising events for the school that the children will love being a part of.
All parents and teachers are automatically members of the PTFA. We value everyone’s input, support, energy and time given. Whether you run an event, volunteer to help out at a fair, or even just offer your ideas. So do look out for meeting dates and come along if you would like to help out.
In less than a year since conception we have used the money from our fundraising events to pay for a pantomime in school, bought outdoor equipment for playtime and lunchtime, and we are hoping to be able to help fund new tablets for each of the classrooms.
|Chair – Charlotte Hardiman||Treasurer – Cheryl Tipping||Secretary – Shopna Picton|
Role of the Chair
To run the meetings and co-ordinate the running of PTFA events throughout the year. This includes working with the headteacher to decide the way in which the PTFA can best help enhance the learning and opportunities for the children at the school.
Role of the Treasurer
Making up of floats, collecting, counting and banking of proceeds. Keeping a close check on budgets and spending to ensure maximum fundraising at each event. To prepare an account of all money raised and money spent throughout the year.
Role of the Secretary
Write up the minutes of every PTFA meeting and distribute them to the members. With the help of the Chair, prepare agenda’s for the meetings, and during the meetings take notes of items discussed and matters decided upon.
How can I help?
There are many ways in which you can help the PTFA;
• Attend the meetings and possibly join the committee;
• Attend the fundraising events with your family;
• Bring ideas to the meetings or pass them on through school if you cannot attend;
• Volunteer to help organise an event;
• Volunteer to help out at an event;
• Volunteer time and/or expertise;
• Donate goods/items (details of which are needed will be updated on our upcoming events section);
Contact the PTFA
You can contact the PTFA in several ways;
• If you would like to get involved, come along to a meeting – details of which are posted around the school and on the school newsletters;
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Leave a note at the school reception.