Whittlefield Primary School

Dream Believe Achieve

Call us on: 01282 429 419
Tabor Street, Burnley, Lancashire BB12 0HL

PTFA Minutes

Click on the tabs below to view the minutes from our meetings.

 

17.05.17

Whittlefield PTFA

Date: 17/05/17

Time: 5.30pm

Location: Whittlefield Primary School

 

Meeting called by: Cheryl Tipping

People Present: Helen Kershaw, Tracy Mcvay, Amy Hartley, Cheryl Tipping, Rachel Mellor

Apologies: Charlotte Hardiman , Shopna Picton, Jennifer Muir , Nathan Mcvay

Topics Discussed:

  • Big Local Application
  • Summer fair

 

Gannow Big Local

  • £500 has been awarded – will be put in to the pot. Can apply for more money but not for the Summer fair

Summer Fair

  • Maybe a BFC coach can come in- Bertie Bee booked to attend as Special Guest
  • Getin2 maybe want a stall, community businesses to set up stalls – CONFIRMED – Girls up and active, Active streets, Tropic, Crafty Cole, Getin2 Holiday Club
  • Police and ambulance to come along – Tracey Spoken to Police CONFIRMED, Charlotte to find out about Ambulance
  • Bouncy Castle/ Bungee booked for £230
  • Banners and Bunting to be up early – 26/05 , Bunting 19/06
  • Leaflets to advertise/ request help/ donation – Poster completed by Amy –DISTRIBUTED
  • Summer Fair leaflets A5 to send home, A3 for shops/ businesses– 06.17
  • Look into possibility of have giant board games on the grass
  • Order prizes- Baker Ross – TRACEY ORDERED
  • 2000 Envelopes – competition to bring most into class, chocolates as a possible prize / Board games for wet play – W/C 15/05 coincide with Art Week
  • Classes to write letters/ invites to other schools (SWAT Cluster?)

Other Business

  • Body Shop Community Fundraiser – Stall at summer fair with view to organise an event in the Autumn
  • DHL – Community Fund £10,000

 

Action

  • Ask school council for ideas on stalls
  • SWAT Clusters to write invites to other schools.
  • Year 4 to write labels / signage

 

Next meeting:

  • Wednesday 14th June – 6.30pm

19.04.17

Date: 19/04/17

Time: 5.30pm

Location: Whittlefield Primary School

 

Meeting called by: Charlotte Hardiman

People Present: Charlotte Hardiman, Helen Kershaw, Tracy Mcvay, Jennifer Muir, Shopna Picton, Amy Hartley, Cheryl Tipping

Apologies: N/A

Topics Discussed:

  • Big Local Application
  • Summer fair

 

Gannow Big Local

  • Application to be discussed and completed by Tracy and Helen by 28/04

Summer Fair

  • Maybe a BFC coach can come in- Carried forward, Helen to discuss 20/04
  • Ice-cream van (booked)
  • MacDonald’s drinks available
  • Getin2 maybe want a stall, community businesses to set up stalls? – Girls up and active, Active streets, Tropic, Crafty Cole, Getin2 Holiday Club
  • Police and ambulance to come along – Tracey Spoken to Police, should be ok to come, Charlotte to find out about Ambulance
  • Banners and Bunting to be up early – Dates agreed Banners by 26/05 , Bunting 19/06
  • Leaflets to advertise/ request help/ donation – Poster completed by Amy
  • Tracy has got 12 raffle prizes and will speak to Angela Fisher nearer the time for Tesco’s donations
  • Leaflets to be printed at school
  • Look into possibility of have giant board games on the grass
  • Order prizes- Bookers/ Baker Ross
  • Envelopes – competition to bring most into class, chocolates as a possible price/ Board games for wet play? – W/C 15/05 coincide with Art Week

Other Business

  • Funding request from Jane Murphy for printing of PE Shirt Printing , 15 @£2 each – Agreed

Actions – Summer Fair

  • Amy to enquire about bouncy castle
  • Cheryl to look into last year’s supplier for bouncy castle
  • Cheryl to contact Citrus re; envelopes
  • Tracy to order bunting from eBay
  • Charlotte, Cheryl and Amy to decide on ordering prizes
  • Sarah Nicholls to speak to school council for ideas on games and stalls

 

 

Next meetings:

  • Wednesday 17th May -6.30pm
  • Wednesday 14th June -6.30pm

15.03.17

Date:15/03/17

Time: 5.30pm

Location: Whittlefield Primary School

 

Meeting called by: Charlotte Hardiman

People Present: Charlotte Hardiman, Helen Kershaw, Tracy Mcvay, Nathan Mcvay, Jennifer Muir, Shopna Picton, Amy Hartley, Helen

Apologies: Cheryl Tipping

 

Topics Discussed:

  • Funding request- Cheryl requested head lice combs for every child, roughly 87p per comb. All agreed 1 comb per family would be sufficient enough.
  • Water bottles now in school

 

Summer Fair

  • Date set – 25/06/17 (12-3pm)
  • Food discussion
  • FOC PA Bouncy castle offered by Mr Stephenson- check liability
  • Maybe a BFC coach can come in
  • Raffle prizes, if we can get donations wherever possible
  • Food agreed Hot dog, hog roast, cake donations and ice-cream van.
  • Stalls- bracelets, nails, face paint, hook-a-duck, coconut shy, Goalie game, any businesses want a table are welcome to.
  • Raffle, donations for raffle prizes
  • Getin2 maybe want a stall, community businesses to set up stalls?
  • Police and ambulance to come along
  • Speak to school council for ideas on games and stalls they may want
  • Banners and Bunting to be up early
  • Leaflets to advertise/ request help/ donation

 

Other Business

  • Create a legacy with the money raised
  • A format for teachers to be able to request funding
  • Agree on setting aside money % for teacher request, PTFA and float

 

Actions – Funding Request

  • Nathan to enquire at the chemist about bulk buy head lice combs
  • Cheryl to ask school nurse about head lice combs and any possibility of getting help with that

 

Actions – Summer Fair

  • Cheryl to confirm with Mr Stephenson about liability and insurance re the bouncy castle
  • Helen to enquire about a stall or kick about with BFC
  • Cheryl / Amy to ask Getin2 for a donations for raffle prizes e.g. driving range
  • Tracey to ask Angela Fisher for Tesco donations
  • Amy to create a flyer, try and encourage parents to help / for donations for raffle prizes
  • Shopna to enquire about printing leaflets

 

Next meeting:

Wednesday 19th April -5.30pm

19.05.16

Date: 19/05/16         Time: 6.15pm             Location: Whittlefield School

Meeting Purpose:  PTFA’s summer fair

Meeting called by: Charlotte Hardiman

People present: Charlotte Hardiman. Lauren Everitt. Angela Fisher. Nathan Mcvay. Tracy Mcvay. Jennifer Muir. Cheryl Tipping. Helen Kershaw. Claire Lunden.

Apologies: Sarah Holden.

Matters Arising: Ipads? Santander bank account?

Agenda: Summer Fair

Topics Discussed:    Didn’t buy the gazebos, bought tarpaulin etc instead. Same price.

Climbing frame arrived and only £75.

Summer Fair:    we discussed stalls and activities and where they will be placed around the school. Prizes.  Helpers- both parents and teachers. Everything to be discussed in more detail and finalised at the next meeting.

Next meetings:                Thursday 9th June      6.15pm

07.04.16

Whittlefield PTFA

Date: 07/04/16         Time: 6.15pm             Location: Whittlefield School

Meeting Purpose:  PTFA’s plans for 2016

Meeting called by: Charlotte Hardiman

People present: Charlotte Hardiman. Lauren Everitt. Angela Fisher. Nathan Mcvay. Tracy Mcvay. Jennifer Muir. Cheryl Tipping. Helen Kershaw.

Apologies: Claire Lunden

Agenda: 1: Mini Olympics

2: Summer Fair – food discussion & vote

3: Summer Fair – bouncy castle update

4: Summer fair – lists of stalls/attractions

5: Bank funding update

6: Ipad update

7: Early years climbing frame update

8: Reading books

9: Any other business

Topics Discussed:    Mini Olympic funding approved. £2750.

A vote was taken on Hog Roast to be served at the summer fair. Yes – 8 / No – 2.

Bouncy castle and bungie run to be booked. £155.

Number 4 to be carried forward to next meeting.

We have to be a charity to receive the funding from Santander.

Cheryl Tipping to look into the Ipad offer further.

Climbing frame for early years, £150. A vote was taken on whether we could provide school with 2 gazebos, vote was yes. £40.

A vote to provide a mix box of books for school from Dazzle Books, £150. Yes – 10.

Other business:       1- sponsor Charlie Dugdale??? No, but he is welcome to bring form in.           2- the committee confirm the change of the Santander bank account. Paperwork to be signed by Cheryl Tipping and Charlotte Hardiman.                 3- £50 voucher from Santa’s Pizza received.

Matters arising:        Nathan to book hog roast.  Cheryl to book bouncy castle/bungie run. Charlotte to order climbing frame. Ipad update.

Next meetings:  Thursday 19th May      6.15pm

Monday 16th June      6.15pm

 

03.03.16

Whittlefield PTFA.

Date: 03/03/16         Time: 6.15pm             Location: Whittlefield School

Meeting Purpose:  PTFA’s plans for 2016

Meeting called by: Charlotte Hardiman

People present: Charlotte Hardiman. Lauren Everitt. Angela Fisher. Nathan Mcvay. Tracy Mcvay. Jennifer Muir. Cheryl Tipping. Angela Butler-Harvey. Claire Lunden. Marie Kirk. Sarah Holden.

Apologies: Angela Butler-Howarth. Helen Kershaw.

Agenda: 1: Constitution of the PTFA

2: Santander account

3: Santander funding opportunity

4: Request for funds

5: Summer fair

6: Any other business

Topics Discussed:  A vote was taken to go ahead with the constitution and was passed.

Section 5 of the constitution:  An AGM (Annual General Meeting) will be held on Thursday 22nd September 2016 at 6.15pm.

Section 6 of the constitution: committee photos to be taken and displayed.

A vote was taken as to whether the PTFA becomes a charity; the vote was a NO.

An old PTFA Santander bank account has been found. Cheryl Tipping to look into and close the account.

Santander offer funding of up to £5000 per month. Lauren Everitt to look into further. Cheryl Tipping to talk to Helen Kershaw.

Ipads; BT Business direct can offer them at £180 each. PTFA to contribute £720. Jennifer Muir to ask Currys for a price.

A request for a contribution towards the Queen’s birthday coins was denied.

Climbing equipment has been requested for the nursery yard. Charlotte Hardiman had found some at £125 and was to have a chat with Mrs Nicholls.

Summer fair; Charlotte Hardiman to obtain a quote for the bouncy castle. Sarah Holden to obtain a quote for a burger van. Hog roast quote was approximately £700, the quote is with Tracy Mcvay.

Other business:       Marie Kirk to look into class fund raising, i.e mugs with thumb prints on.

Buddy benches and mini Olympics to be discussed at the next meeting.

Next meetings:   Thursday 7th April      6.15pm

Tuesday 19th May      6.15pm

Monday 16th June      6.15pm