Sports Premium 2015/16 – £8577
How will we be spending the Sports Funding at Whittlefield in 2015/2016?
At Whittlefield Primary School we recognise the valuable contribution Sport and PE make to the health and well-being of our children. We believe that an innovative and varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all children. Our Governors agree that the money must be used so that all children benefit regardless of their sporting ability. We are using the funding to:
- Employ a specialist PE teacher to teach quality PE lessons and support and develop other teachers when they are teaching PE.
- Run new and additional sport clubs across the whole school.
- Pay for professional development opportunities in PE/sport.
- Provide cover to release our teachers for professional development in PE/ sport.
Whittlefield Primary School is proud to be a member of the Burnley Schools Sports Partnership. It is funded by the Primary and Secondary schools in Burnley and Padiham using an allocation from their Sports Premium.
The aims of the partnership is to get all children involved in sport and give the children the opportunities to showcase skills they have learnt in a competitive environment.
What outcomes are we working towards?
- Outstanding PE provision across the school (curriculum, assessment, use of TA’s)
- Increase of knowledge from staff with regards to teaching PE.
- All children to have access to competitive competition
- Improve the fitness levels of all children
- An increase of physical activity by all children within the school.
- A change in attitude and lifestyle by children towards physical activity.
Whittlefield will measure the impact of the Sports Premium by using questionnaires with children and parents, attendance of CPD opportunities by staff, participation in sporting events and tracking fitness levels for all children.
Sports Premium 2014/15 – £8810
At Whittlefield Primary School our Sports Premium Funding was used for the following things:
- To pay for additional swimming lessons for all Key Stage 2 children.
- To provided professional coaches to provide workshops for classes linked with Literacy and Numeracy.
- To enhance opportunities for children to participate in competitive sport through the Burnley School Sports Partnership.
- To provide staff with CPD opportunities by working alongside coaches from the Burnley School Sports Partnership.
- To increase the range of equipment that children have access to during lunchtimes and playtimes, in order to expose them to a higher range of physical activity. These included fixed hoops and nets for Key Stage 2 play area.