Early Years Foundation Stage
Welcome to the Early Years Foundation Stage
The Foundation Stage Curriculum is based on the principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage. It is a skills-based curriculum which is divided into three prime areas and four specific areas of learning.
The prime areas are;
· Communication and language
· Physical development
· Personal, social and emotional development
The specific areas are;
· Understanding the world
· Expressive arts and design
Learning to learn is a vital part of the EYFS curriculum and it is something that we will help children with in order to support them to become effective life-long learners.
Through careful planning the children foster the characteristics of effective learning. These are;
· Playing and exploring – children investigate and experience things and ‘have a go
· Active learning – children concentrate and keep on trying if they encounter difficulties and enjoy achievements
· Creating and thinking critically – children have and develop their own ideas, make links between ideas and develop strategies for doing things.
We have created an environment that is welcoming, stimulating and child centred. The classrooms are organised into different areas of continuous provision to reflect the seven areas of learning.
Children have free flow access to our outside areas whatever the weather. The outdoor environment provides a dynamic and natural space for learning and development for our children. We place great importance in our outdoor learning.
Our staff facilitate learning. We do this through observations and interactions. The staff know the children very well and have sound understanding of child development. This ensures that the adults enhance and extend each child’s learning at the appropriate level.
We had lots of fun looking at the ingredients to make our own gingerbread men. We added, mixed and rolled out the ingredients.
Our Class Blog is where we will post all of our latest news to the website. These will be general news, galleries from activity days and much more!Stay tuned for the latest updates... Policies Newsletters News & Events School Calendar Contact Us Our...